If you think of our school year as a marathon, we are now in the "final leg" of the race as 4th quarter is rapidly approaching. Our students have been putting in countless hours of instruction and focus in the classroom. Our message from the beginning of the school year is to "Finish Strong...all the way to the end of the year."
With our 4th quarter soon starting at GMS, I would like to remind all 8th grade parents/guardians that we will have a special 8th grade promotion celebration. There is criteria that has been communicated with students and parent/guardians through the newsletter, parent letter (sent home via student), and a new parent letter that was mailed to every 8th grade parent/guardian today. If you have not already done so, please review this criteria with your son/daughter about "finishing strong" till May 23rd - Promotion Celebration Day!
The criteria is as follows:
- Students must be passing ALL classes in the 4th quarter
- Students must NOT be in In School Intervention or Out of School Suspension in the 4th Quarter
- Students cannot have outstanding library balances or textbook balances (must be paid in full)
- A Student cannot exceed more than 5 unexcused absences in the 4th quarter
- A Student cannot have more than 5 unexcused tardies in the 4th quarter
If you have any questions, please let me know. I am very excited about promoting all 8th graders to high school and beyond. We are extremely proud of how hard working and determined that our 8th graders are doing to become successful not only at GMS but in life!
Brady T. Wald